Why is the onUpdate callback fired right when the Sortable is created
and not when I move an <li>? This code also screws up my dropping - I
am forced to click again to drop.  Additionally, after dragging an
<li>, it remains translucent even after dropping it.

Sortable.create(
            'lineup', {
                overlap: 'horizontal',
                constraint: 'horizontal',
                onUpdate: alert('onUpdate')
            }
        );

<ul id="lineup">
   <li class="source" id="playlistItem_0">one</li>
   <li class="source" id="playlistItem_1">two</li>
</ul>