From: prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com
[mailto:prototype-scriptacul...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of T.J. Crowder
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:24 PM
To: Prototype & script.aculo.us
Subject: [Proto-Scripty] Re: Using Ajax.Request and evalJS to load functions on
the fly

Hi,

They're accessible from anywhere after they're evaluated, but mind how
you declare them, because of a bit of a quirk about how they're
evaluated.  There's a badly misplaced note about this in the
documentation, at the bottom of the discussion of Ajax.Updater[1].  It
really should be in the String#evalScripts documentation, and it's on
my list, but I haven't had a chance to move it.

[1] http://prototypejs.org/api/ajax/updater

HTH,