Hi,

Can I get a list of registered listeners/observers on an element?

What I'm trying to do is dynamically replace an element with another
element, but want to preserve the events.

I don't want to resort to something like:

new_element.onclick = old_element.onclick;

as the prototype docs advise against using .onclick, .onmouseover etc.

If prototype doesn't provide a way to do this, is there a bare JS way to
do it (ie to get a list of events that were registered with
addEventListener)? I googled but couldn't find this.

regards,

- Kev

--
Kevin Porter
Advanced Web Construction Ltd

AJAX Blackjack - real-time multi-player blackjack game with no flash, java or
software downloads required - http://blackjack.webutils.co.uk