Hi,

Yes, JavaScript objects can have method-like things. This statement:

    obj.doSomething();

...does two things:

1. It looks up the property 'doSomething' on the object 'obj'.

2. If the value is a function, it calls the function and sets its
context (the `this` value inside the function) to 'obj'. (If the value
isn't a function, it throws an error.)

Taken together, these two things make it seem like JavaScript has
methods.  (It doesn't, but its functions are so powerful that they can
do what methods do -- and plenty more besides.)

So that means that to do what you're talking about, you must do two
things:

1. Make doSomething a property of obj.
2. Have doSomething work with `this` rather than with an argument
passed in.

More about JavaScript's mythical methods in my incredibly anemic
programming blog:
http://blog.niftysnippets.org/2008/03/mythical-methods.html

HTH,