Hi Hades,

try to find the style applyed to the element after the appear
function, and see what CSS property could be wrong, then set this
property before the effect.appear is launch.
This could be verified, but a lot of things could append.
If you'll have a live exemple, we could check what could be wrong.

Try also googling with a description of the error, it is perhaps known
elsewhere !

--
david