Hi all,

I am new to Prototype. I have googled for examples implementing
prototype and see that they all return contents that are directly
updated to containers. Is it possible to return just a variable which
I can further process?

In specific, I would like to return an array from a php which gets
response from the flickr api. I would like to further process the
array in javascript for google map api. I am sure there is a smarter
way to actually do this, please feel free to let me know as well, but
I am still curious whether it is possible to get a variable from
prototype response.

Thanks much in advance!
EH