I have a site that behaved as designed in both IE and Firefox. I
implemented the use of Prototype 1.6.1 for use with flotr for graphing
data sets. In IE the functionality of the original site did not
degrade after this implementation (in other words everything,
including the graphing, functions as expected). However, in Firefox
3.5.2 the graphing works as intended but now portions of the original
site are flawed. Specifically elements of forms (such as some, but not
all, radio buttons and checkboxes) as well as some elements (images)
that use an onClick event. When I click on those elements they just
disappear (which is NOT part of the intended functionality) and do not
kick off the intended javascript actions. Note that the onClick
actions do not call any portion of protoype. These actions existed
before prototype's inclusion and they still function in IE 6.0. Also,
many of the pages that have disappearing elements do not even use the
flotr nor prototype script elements.

The inclusions within the header that are necessary for flotr are (src
path has been truncated for this posting):
<!--[if IE]><script type="text/javascript" src="../flotr/
excanvas.js"></script><![endif]-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="../flotr/prototype-1.6.1.js"></
script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="../flotr/flotr-0.2.0alpha.js"></
script>

I have narrowed down the problem to the inclusion of the prototype
JS.

Has anyone seen this before? Unfortunately I cannot post a link to the
site because it is behind a firewall. I'm also limited in my ability
to post the code itself.

Thanks.