> Ok I'm glad to hear that the selector speed will improve with the sizzle,
> that's what Dojo uses too.

Yes. There was a lot of cross-pollination going on and so Resig's idea
was to take all of the best and brightest and get them all working
with a common, high-quality engine.

> Is there a release date planned for scripty2? How active is that project?

That's a follow-on non-sequitur, right? :-)  Prototype and
script.aculo.us are separate projects; scripty just relies on
Prototype.  The selector engine is in Prototype, not script.aculo.us.

I'm not aware of a firm date for the next release of either.  The
Prototype core team don't usually give release dates (it's an all-
volunteer effort and people's Real Jobs get in the way) and they've
only just now released 1.6.1.  I don't think Thomas does firm dates
either (for script.aculo.us).

FWIW,

-- T.J.