I'm going to give the disclaimer that i can't make much sense out of
the example you've posted. You're referencing 'comment-form' and
'comment_parent_id' which are nowhere to be found in the actual HTML.
The facts that I am going to assume are...

A) That you're inserting a form element inside of an element
B) That you want this object to 'fade in' when its been inserted
C) That you're re-using the same object over and over.  IE, you're not
using the form-placeholder as a clone-able object that gets copied and
injected into the DOM in multiple places.
D) That you're using the overzealous,  BS JS that is jQuery and you've
come here looking for a hand out.

You'll need in conjunction with Prototype, the scriptaculous library
which is what is used for the Effects library.

Element.addMethods({
                fade : function(element, config){
                        return new Effect.Fade(element, config);
                },
                appear : function(element, config){
                        return new Effect.Appear(element, config);
        var myFunc = function(){

$('container').appendChild($('form-container')).setOpacity(0).appear
({ duration : 6});
        };

--

http://positionabsolute.net