I'd like to have a scrollable container with overflow:scroll in which
a sortable list is contained, like so:

100px;">
    <ul id="fruit">
        <li>Apple</li>
        <li>Banana</li>
        <li>Peach</li>
        <li>Strawberry</li>
        <li>Cherry</li>
        <li>Pear</li>
        <li>Orange</li>
        <li>Mango</li>
    </ul>

and doing:
Sortable.create('fruit', {
    "scroll": "container"
})

This works as long as I choose an item from the visible part of the
list and if I drop it into the visible part.

If I choose an item from the visible part and try to drop it within
the invisible region (after scrolling) the other items just don't
"make room" for it.

If I scroll down and choose an item from the initially invisible part
and scroll with it to the initially visible part, it is droppable
between the initially visible items.

Using Prototype 1.6.0.3 and Scriptaculous 1.8.2.

Any solution to this? Many thanks in advance.