hello and thanks for your answer!

here's an extract from the script I'm using

Event.observe(document, 'keypress', function(event) {
 if(event.keyCode==8 ){
     //content here
  }
 if(event.keyCode==0 ){
     //content here

I tried to change from Event.observe(document to window but this has
no effect. I can catch the event .keycode from the space bar, it is
0...But I do not now how to prevent the browser from scrolling down
the page when space bar is pressed.