Hello, This might be complex but lets see if someone has an idea how
to do this with Prototype. There are two steps but even solvin the
first one would be a huge help.

Step 1.
I need to build an browser application(only javascript) where I can
load an xml file and make the browser show the nodes in tree
structure. Like this : http://www.tizag.com/pics/xml/xmltree.gif

Step 2.
I need to be able to drag and drop these xml nodes from the tree
structure to a table rows. This table has 2 columns: DOM node XPATH
and DOM node text content. I also need to be able to delete these
rows.

Tricky one I know...Thanks for all answers!