Thanks Mona much appreciated.

Alex Mcauley

http://www.thevacancymarket.com
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mona Remlawi
  To: prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Monday, October 12, 2009 12:27 PM
  Subject: [Proto-Scripty] Re: Focus and Blur in IE / Webkit

  Hello  Alex,

  I had a similar problem with my custom autocompleter. So to workaround a
solution, I leveraged the mouseenter and mouseleave events over the suggestion
box to detach/re-attach blur handler over search_input.

  Something like:

  search_input.observe('focus', showSuggestionBox);
  search_input.observe('blur',   hideSuggestionBox);

  suggestion_box.observe('mouseenter', function()
{search_input.stopObserving('blur', hideSugggestionBox)});
  suggestion_box.observe('mouseleave', function() {search_input.observe('blur',
hideSugggestionBox)});

  HTH

  --
  mona

  On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Alex McAuley