* onUninitialized,
    * onLoading,
    * onLoaded,
    * onInteractive,
    * onComplete and
    * onException.

I'm trying to display a swirly animated GIF while my AJAX request is
being processed.  I am currently using the onLoading callback to
display the GIF.  In some rare cases, the onLoading callback is
actually called after onSuccess, so the swirly erroneously swirls
forever. I attempted to switch over the swirly handling to
onUninitialized, but that doesn't seem to be called in an anymore
predictable manner than onLoading.  Is there a Prototype solution to
this or should I program my own callback engine?