Example and code found at: http://www.paulwesson.com/sortable/

The Problems
- onload, I have to click the expand (+) icon twice to get it to open

- In 'Topic 1' I need to be able to drag an entry into 'Topic 2'
without 'Topic 2' being open. On dragging something over a collapsed
container, I'd like that container to automatically expand and allow
me to drop the item into it.

- If both Topics are closed and you expand Topic 2, then Topic 1, you
are unable to drag an item out of Topic 1 into Topic 2

If any experts out there can help me resolve these issues, I would
appreciate it. I would even compensate your for your time, if you can
show me my example working (via screencast video or something).

for reference:
http://wiki.github.com/madrobby/scriptaculous/sortable-create
http://www.gregphoto.net/sortable/advanced/

Thanks