I wrote a quick and dirty "windows style" start menu for an application the
other day..

If you want to learn the concepts check out the code at
http://pastie.org/671380

Some of it is only relevant to my application but thats easy enough to pick
out...

Each time somehting in my start menu is hovered (if it has a certain
classname) it makes an Ajax Request to my server to get the latest possible
sub menu's for that menu item (you wont need to do this if your application
is static) ..

There is probably a better way to do this but i needed flexability and i had
not written a menu before so i thought i would have a crack at it... It took
about 15 minutes to write so it isn't all that complicated - if you need any
explination please ask.

HTH

Alex Mcauley
http://www.thevacancymarket.com