Hi,

> Doesn't serialize() just work with Element.id?

No, the `name` and `id` attributes have completely different
purposes.  A form field must have a `name` attribute to be sent as
part of the form (this is an HTML thing, not a Prototype thing).  The
`id` attribute is unrelated to forms, it's used for addressing
elements (looking them up in JavaScript or using them as anchors).

HTH,
Independent Software Consultant
tj / crowder software / com
www.crowdersoftware.com