I'd like to use enumeration functions to select from a sorted list
where I know that if the select function has passed and then starts
failing (returns false), I can stop enumerating (because every
additional item will also fail). For example, scanning a sorted array
of strings for strings that start with a regexp - once the regexp has
found matches and then stops matching again, there's no need to
continue.

Is that possible with the built-in functions or should I be looping
over the array myself in this case?