This will call a function and not a url ?
   new Ajax.PeriodicalUpdater(container, url[, options])
stacking: ie multiple request will stack on top of each other whether
or not the previous one
has completed or not.
If this is making a request say every second there is the possibility
that the request may not finish in time before the
next one gets fired off. I need a way to prevent that.

Im using PeriodicalUpdater not PeriodicalExecutor.  I need the
frequency and decay that Updater provides.

Thanks,
  William