  From: bill
  To: prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 11:11 AM
  Subject: Re: [Proto-Scripty] Re: instanting and reinstanting a function:
Ajax.PeriodicalUpdater

  Alex McAuley wrote:
    No need to worry about multiple instances ... just check the variable
before you initialise it...
    Alex Mcauley
    http://www.thevacancymarket.com

  Thanks again david and Alex.
  I looked but could not find the code to check to see if the variable held an
instance or was null.
  Might I beg for one line of code to show me how to check the variable ?

  bill