Walter,

Thank you for the list clarification.

I was not aware that:

>Prototype.js is an extraction from Rails, but it stands  alone

Since I am a novice,  I was asking a question about prototype,
and this is a prototype list. Evidently Rails prototype questions are
not appropriate in this strictly prototype list.

In regards to my question,

you may note if you read my posting
carefully that I answered my own question already. I was posting
the answer as a courtesy, thinking perhaps someone else would benefit.
Noticed you did not give any suggestions, just corrections about
protocol.
Guess that is your specialty, the protocol stuff.

In regards to protocol for this group:

"This is a place for users of Prototype (http://prototypejs.org) and
script.aculo.us (http://script.aculo.us/) to help one another out,
share tips and tricks, and chat about these excellent frameworks.
Feel free to kick around and view threads."

I sure do not "Feel free to kick around and view threads" so much. You
do not mention the
need for using pasties in your group description, nor which
environment's are approved for
discussion. Perhaps your remarks to me should be posted in your rules
so people like me
would not offend you by asking novice questions. Maybe something like:

"Only professional and very expert questions are allowed to be posted
here."

> alone, and this list is devoted to prototype as a stand-aline JS

What is a stand-aline JS?  Is that some special new IP protocol? Where
and how
can you use a  stand-aline JS?  Does it require HTML, XML,  or any of
those kind of things?
Where do you use stand-aline JS?

   Code Walker