Hi,

Your code removes the element right away, and then calls the Fade
effect, which naturally isn't what you want. That's because here:

>         afterFinish: $('lightbox').remove()

You're calling $('lightbox').remove() and giving its return value as
the value of the `afterFinish` property. What you want to feed
`afterFinish` is a _function_ to do that:

new Effect.Fade(
    'lightbox', {
        duration: this.animationTime,
        afterFinish: function() {
            $('lightbox').remove();
);

I'm sure there's a better way to access the lightbox element than the
way I've done it above (I'm sure it gets passed into the callback
somehow), but I'm not a scripty-head, so I don't know the details on
that part of it. Look into the parameters passed into callback (I have
a vague feeling they receive the effect instance and that it has an
`element` property or something like that).

HTH,
Independent Software Consultant
tj / crowder software / com
www.crowdersoftware.com