Why would we add an element using prototype's DOM method over innerhtml in
any scenario if we can use innerhtml and subsequently use $(element) to
immediately retrieve a reference to it? I was told in the begining that
innerhtml was the wrong way.

Message sent from my Motorola Droid.

On Dec 8, 2009 4:30 PM, "david" <david.brill...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

> I was under the impression that it would not actually be added to the DOM
> when using innerhtml....
In fact, it's faster than any JS implementation, prototype or other.
Browser are optimize to parse HTML string in an unbeatable way !

And of course it could be manipulate as a DOM element, but you'll have
first to retrieve it from DOM using $() or $$().

--
david