  From: Vladimir Tkach
  To: prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2009 1:58 PM
  Subject: Re: [Proto-Scripty] Uploading an image with Ajax.request

  Like this one solution:
  http://github.com/markcatley/responds_to_parent

  2009/12/12 Andy Daykin <daykina...@gmail.com>

    Hello,

    I was wondering if this is possible to do:

    I want to upload an image using Ajax.request like such:

    var form = $('addimage');
     new Ajax.Request('http://myurl.com/uploadImage.php', {
        method: 'post',
        parameters: { image: $(form['image']).getValue() }
     }

    So far I haven't been able to access the image with php, I have been using
$_FILES['file']['name'] to try and access the image, but I can't get it.

    Do I have to use an iframe for this, or will it work somehow using
Ajax.request and trying to get the file in the form?

    Thanks,

    -Andy Daykin

  Best Regards,
  Vladimir Tkach