I'm not a programmer either, but here's how I would solve your problem

I assume that you have some function that does the "show info" stuff and that
function is called whenever a click is made.
So I would store in a global variable the name of the element that is "opened"
But before you store this info, I would check if that variable has already some
value which means that another element is opened and therefore you could close
it

But again, I'm not a pro, so forgive me if I this solution is not elegant

Christophe