  From: julien Devouassoud
  To: prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 9:30 AM
  Subject: Re: [Proto-Scripty] How to highlight the current slide's number

  Well, for your 0,1,2,3  you have :

  <a class="s0" href="#">0</a>

  just give an id to the element (ids are unique in a page, be carefull with
that or it can bug if you got duplicate ids)

  <a class="s0" href="#" id="maLink_0">0</a>

  and you can change it's style with

  $("maLink_"+number).setStyle(.....);

  if you want to reset style of previously modified element, don't forget to
save the last changed id in a global variable (global vars ain't the best but
easy code):

  var lastHighlight = "";

  function HL(id){
     $(lastHighlight).setStyle();                 // set style @ null resets