  From: bill
  To: prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, February 13, 2010 1:32 PM
  Subject: Re: [Proto-Scripty] IE8

  On 2/13/2010 8:05 AM, Alex McAuley wrote:
    you dont need the quote before hand ...

    $('leftPane').style.height = '' + ((.99 *ah)-20 ) + 'px';  //<<<<this is
line 16

    into

    $('leftPane').style.height = Math.round(( ( .99 * ah )  -20 )) + 'px';
//<<<<this is line 16

  I thought the quotes were needed to force the argument to be a string.
  But, it doesn't like your suggestion any better.  I still get "invalid
argument"

  It is having trouble with this line:

      var ah = window.innerHeight ;

  I guess innerHeight is not  accepted by IE8

  so I switched to screen.availHeight - 30;  and it works, although it is not
quite the same thing, at least it works

--
Bill Drescher
william {at} TechServSys {dot} com