Hi,
I am new to js prototype. This may be a very easy question.

In lightbox 2 (http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox2)
code,  I find the following code I cannot understand. Please help to
explain it.

var target = event.findElement('a[rel^=lightbox]') ||
event.findElement('area[rel^=lightbox]');
            if (target) {
                event.stop();
                this.start(target);
            }

It is easy to understand "findElement('a')", but what does it mean by
the square brackets, as well as ^ just before equal? Is this a little
bit of regular expression?

I don't find any document about this on prototype website.

Thanks in advance
Rocksoccer