Hi,

Are you quite certain of your diagnosis? I can't see why Prototype
would make any difference here, it doesn't have anything specific to
cfmessagebox. Are you sure nothing else changed at the same time you
changed from 1.5.1.2 to 1.6?

If so, I'd suggest putting together a minimalist test case[1] showing
it working with 1.5.1.2 and not with 1.6 and opening a bug report on
Lighthouse[2].

[1] http://proto-scripty.wikidot.com/self-contained-test-page
[2] https://prototype.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8886/home

HTH,