I have had similar issues before in my applications. I have always
assumes that they were caching issues. With the method as 'post' and
adding the current date and time in the parameters field (or query
string), I've been able to get past this issue.
This is to make sure the url being called is alway unique. You may
want to parse out punctuation characters though.

I would be interested to know if this is some sort of application
scope issue like T.J. Crowder is suggesting. It seems unlikely due to
the fact that IE is allowing it. Although I have seen IE do some
pretty weird stuff I wouldn't ignore the possibility.