thanks to all your answers. I want to intercept the response which is
coming from the php script before it get displayed to front end. I am
using the below function ,the php script sends the response like
"added to favorite"..which get displayed to front end as it is...is
there any way i can format the output before it get displayed ?

function addToFavorite(quizSeq , userSeq)
{
  new Ajax.Updater('ajaxresponce','/my/user-quizzes/processRequest',
    {
      method:'get',
      parameters: { action:'addtofavorite', quiz_seq:quizSeq ,
user_seq:userSeq}