Hi

I am trying to extend prototype Event object by adding a new method, a very
simple html file demonstrate what I was doing:

<head>
<script type="text/javascript" src="
http://prototypejs.org/assets/2009/8/31/prototype.js";></script>
<title>A Simple Page</title>
<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
Event.prototype.test = function() { //this line failed in IE8
alert(this.type);
};
document.observe('dom:loaded', function() {
$('body').observe('click', function(e) {e.test();});
});
-->
</script>
</head>

This file works fine in firefox and chrome, however it failed in IE8 with
error message: 'Event.prototype' is null or not an object. Can someone help
out?

Thx,
Green