I would like to use Prototype's class inheritance to derive a class
from Element as below:

MyDiv = Class.create(Element,{
  initialize: function($super) {
    $super("div");
    this.addClassName("someclass");
    ... etc etc ...

The current structure of Element and Class does not support such.  I
suspect that it might not even be possible, but I'm not unwilling to
do some serious hacking to get such to work.  I did try modifying
Class which works for direct descendant inheritence but fails for 2nd
generation and beyond.  Maybe I'm just thinking about it all wrong.

I was wondering if anyone had anything more elegant.

Glen