u could use the hande option
http://wiki.github.com/madrobby/scriptaculous/draggable

or you can modify dragdrop.js . i had an UL with scrollbars so i added
UL here and fixed what you describe in 1)

line 300+

 initDrag: function(event) {
    if(!Object.isUndefined(Draggable._dragging[this.element]) &&
      Draggable._dragging[this.element]) return;
    if(Event.isLeftClick(event)) {
      // abort on form elements, fixes a Firefox issue
      var src = Event.element(event);
      if((tag_name = src.tagName.toUpperCase()) && (
        tag_name=='INPUT' ||
        tag_name=='SELECT' ||
        tag_name=='OPTION' ||
        tag_name=='BUTTON' ||