Hi all,

I'm very much a prototype/js newb and I'm working on my first site.
I've searched around for an answer to this question but apparently my
google-fu is weak. Hopefully someone here might be able to point me in
the right direction.

Basically my js works fine in FF, IE8, and safari, but completely
fails in IE6. The relevant source is below:

main html file header:
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/prototype.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/tabber.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/scriptaculous.js?
load=effects,builder"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/lightbox.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/initSite.js"></script>

tabber.js:
/*
 * Borrows heavily (mostly? [entirely?]) from Fabtabulous:
 * http://tetlaw.id.au/view/blog/fabtabulous-simple-tabs-using-prototype/
 */

var AjaxTabber = Class.create({
        //class code here
});

initSite.js:
document.observe('dom:loaded', function() {
        new AjaxTabber('tablist');
        //more irrelevant code here
});

When I enable debugging in IE6 and load the site I get the following
error in a popup dialog: "Line 3, Char 2. Error: 'AjaxTabber' is
undefined. Code: 0". Curiously the line number given for the error
doesn't match the location of the AjaxTabber text in either of the
files above, but those two places are the only places in the codebase
where that text appears.

AjaxTabber clearly is defined earlier in the js load sequence, so I
don't understand what's wrong. If anyone can offer me any advice I'd
appreciate it.

One final comment: This project has taught me how to hate. IE,
specifically.

Cheers,
Junk