Hi,

I don't see anything in that code that would do that. Are you by any
chance calling this code from a link with its href set to '#'? If so,
be sure to cancel the event; otherwise, the browser's normal
navigation will go to that anchor, which is the top of the page.

Example - link HTML:

Javascript:

    document.observe("dom:loaded", function() {
        $('the link id').observe('click', function(event) {
            event.stop(); // <== stop the navigation
            ajax_edit_possible_user(...);

Or if you're doing this with inline syntax:

false;'>click to edit</a>

HTH,
Independent Software Consultant
tj / crowder software / com