Hi,

It doesn't seem like you're having any trouble with `$$`, that part's
working fine.

I'm guessing those links don't have an `href` attribute on them. When
you do `alert(item)` in that code, what happens behind the scenes is
that (through a couple of layers) the object's `toString` method ends
up getting called. I don't know whether this behavior is specified
somewhere or not, but on the three browser engines I tried (IE7,
Firefox, Chrome), they all showed the `href` of the anchor, and if
there wasn't one, they gave a blank string. I also tried a div, which
showed something more like what you were expecting.

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by "store it to a timer", so I
can't comment on that. If you post some sample code, happy to take a
look, but your use of `$$` is just fine.

HTH,
Independent Software Consultant
tj / crowder software / com
www.crowdersoftware.com