Because of a third-party control for ASP.NET we're using, under certain
conditions, the generated HTML has this little gem shortly after the opening
<form> tag:

    <AsyncException>Error occured during AsyncInvocation.</AsyncException>

Now we don't much want our users to see this fine example of tag soup, so I
added this snippet:

        Event.observe(window, 'load', function() {
            $$('AsyncException').invoke('remove');
        });

or .invoke('hide'), either of which works fine in Firefox, but has no effect
in IE.

It seems that while Firefox adds this XML to the DOM "normally", IE changes
this to three nodes:

    ASYNCEXCEPTION
    #text
    /ASYNCEXCEPTION

???

Anyway, any idea how to hide or remove this thingie in IE?

Thanks,

Jelks