Internet Explorer doesn't know how to handle abnormal tag names, but perhaps
you could use a shim to "alert" IE that there are "elements" named
AsyncException. Try adding:

  document.createElement("AsyncException");

somewhere very early on in the script flow.

The best option, of course, is to prevent it from being output on the
backend, but it sounds like all available routes have already been
exhausted.

Best,
Alex