From: prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com
[mailto:prototype-scriptacul...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Jelks
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 10:34 AM
To: Prototype & script.aculo.us
Subject: [Proto-Scripty] Re: Hide or Remove non-HTML element from HTML

On Apr 20, 10:08 am, "Jonathan Rosenberg" <j...@tabbysplace.org>
wrote:

> How about using Xpath from Javascript to find the nodes?  Very simple.

Simple?  How so?  This is not an XML document, this is an HTML page
that happens to have one non-HTML element in it.  All the other
browsers add it to the HTML DOM, no problem -- and in those, I can
easily hide or remove it.  But IE turns that non-HTML element into
three nodes, the start tag being the first, the text node being the
second, and end tag the third.  Presumably the three are siblings, but
I'm guessing there.

So how might I go about removing that text node in an HTML document
using Xpath from Javascript?

Thanks,

Jelks