From: prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com
[mailto:prototype-scriptacul...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Jelks
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 10:36 AM
To: Prototype & script.aculo.us
Subject: [Proto-Scripty] Re: Hide or Remove non-HTML element from HTML

On Apr 20, 10:43 am, "Jonathan Rosenberg" <j...@tabbysplace.org>
wrote:
> Ok, so I was too glib.  Maybe it's not "very simple."
>
> 1) Do you have control of the delivery of this document at the server side?

Only somewhat.  If I had total control, I would not be letting this

    <AsyncException>Error occured during AsyncInvocation.</
AsyncException>

arrive in and pollute the document.

> 2) Is it well-formed XHTML?

Yes.  But it's served as text/html.

> 3) I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do with this page while
> it's in a browser.  JIs it just to remove the text node

Yes, to remove that text node (with *or without* it's bogus
"ASYNCEXCEPTION" and "/ASYNCEXCEPTION" apparently sibling nodes that
IE creates from that XML snippet above) -- in order that I don't see
this:

    Error occured during AsyncInvocation.

at the top of the page in IE (no problem hiding it in Firefox/Chrome).

Thanks,

Jelks