Hi, I have a form with multiple text inputs (i.e. <input type="text"
name="list_1" id="list_1"> ... <input type="text" name="list_5"
id="list_5">) which all have Ajax.Autocompleter initialized. Now when
I remove any of these autocompleting text inputs from the DOM, I want
to stop observing events on these elements. However, Scriptaculous
does not provide a way to unregister all the events that are handling
the Ajax.Autocompleter for a particular element.

I want to know if I should unregister all the events that are handling
the Ajax.Autocompleter for a particular element by using
Event.stopObserving() on that element or some other method?

I don't want to resort to modifying Prototype or Scriptaculous and
would prefer not to have to extend Ajax.Autocompleter class just for
this task.

Thanks.