Hi. I recently upgraded my prototype to the latest, I believe 1.6, js
file.

There is one thing in my code which seems to be behaving differently.

I have a call made with PeriodicalExecuter as follows:

new PeriodicalExecuter(txIMBannerUpdate, 5);

The function txIMBannerUpdate itself has an optional parameter
txIMBannerUpdate(pageRefresh).

I was using that parameter inside txIMBannerUpdate to determine
whether or not users were updating their pages or not. When the window
first loads I called txIMBannerUpdate(true) manually. The calls after
that via PeriodicalExecuter would have no parameters so pageRefresh
wouldn't exist.

This had been working fine for years now, but since updating prototype
I noticed that nobody was ever timing out as long as their browser
window was open, even though they were not refreshing pages.

I put an alert(pageRefresh) into the txIMBannerUpdate function and
with the manual call it was still correctly sending a true parameter.
But when called via PeriodicalExecuter the alert was reporting [object
object] rather than nothing at all.

Has this behavior changed? Is PeriodicalExecuter always causing a
default parameter of some kind to be passed to its function parameter?

Thanks,

doug