Hi,

This may not be it, but: PHP has special handling of arrays, which is
triggered by your using a field name ending with "[]".

So for instance, if you have this:

new Ajax.Request('/ajax/name_of_function.php', {
    parameters: {foo: ["one", "two", "three"]},
    method: 'post'
}

try doing this:

new Ajax.Request('/ajax/name_of_function.php', {
    parameters: {"foo[]": ["one", "two", "three"]},
    method: 'post'
}

to tell PHP to apply its magic. (I've added [] after the field name.
Note the quotes; otherwise it would be a syntax error.)

If that's not it, I'd suggest creating a minimal self-contained test
page and posting that.[1]

[1] http://proto-scripty.wikidot.com/self-contained-test-page

HTH,
Independent Software Consultant