From: prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com
[mailto:prototype-scriptacul...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of patrick
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2010 2:58 PM
To: Prototype & script.aculo.us
Subject: [Proto-Scripty] what is the deal with inputs and page refreshing?

I am having a hell of a time solving a problem in my application due
to the fact that page reloads do not seem to set input values
properly...  I don't understand this at all, and am hoping someone
here can provide some insight and hopefully a solution.

If I have static html that does:

<input type="hidden" value="blah" id="foo" />

and then in firebug's console, I do:

>$F('blah');
=> "foo"

>$('blah').value = "bar";
=> "bar"

(REFRESH PAGE)

>$F('blah');
=> "bar"

!!! it should be foo, not bar!!!  Is there a way to tell it to reset
the values to the html?

-patrick