Hi,

> The HTML form declaration is properly formed.

Still, it would be good to show it. For instance, I suspect it has a
`name` attribute but no `id` attribute, e.g.:

    <form name="f1" ... >

where it needs

    <form id="f1" ... >

because `$` looks things up by ID, not name. (Well, except on IE, but
that's an IE bug, and you're using Firefox.)

Apologies if that's not it, but I'm not seeing any other problem with
the quoted code and this is a mistake a lot of people make.

HTH,
Independent Software Consultant
tj / crowder software / com
www.crowdersoftware.com