Hi,

What do you see for the `alert(menu);`? Because the simplest
explanation is that there's no item with the ID you're creating in
`var menu = $(elem.id + "Menu");`

In the try..catch, you'll get more information if you do this:

    catch (e) {
        alert(e.message ? e.message : String(e));
    }

...because IE usually (always?) throws objects with a `message`
property when throwing errors.

HTH,
Independent Software Consultant
tj / crowder software / com