Hoping not to reinvent the wheel, I am looking for a simple Prototype-
based progress indicator.  I'd like to display "One moment please ..."
with an animated GIF in something lightbox-like (but no Close button)
in the center of the screen.  It should also do the Lightbox-style
setting of the opacity of the page in the background, and the user
should not be able to click in that page at all while the box is
showing.

Anyone currently using such a beast or know of one?

Thanks,

Jelks