Is your server/host/directory set up to allow parsing of includes? Can
you successfully include other HTML files? Or is the one you mentioned
failing while other files work without error? If NO files are being
included, you will need to look into setting this up for your server.
I say this because the code you provided is handled by the server
itself. And the server needs to properly configured to allow your user
to handle this request.

You asked "Should it work"?  It should, when the server is setup to
allow it. When properly configured, the server will return the
complete file contents of xxx.html along with the parent HTML. To the
browser it'll just look like one big data stream of HTML, and not
"multiple" files.

Also, Scott is partially right. These includes can only work on a
server that is properly set up to handle parsing / including /
performing some magic. The server can be can any platform/technology
that supports this functionality. I would start there, since this is
most likely not a Scripty level issue.  And if it is, I am sure people
here will let us know :)

Hope this helps.

- J e f f  C o n k l i n -
- http://www.getoutsidenj.com