I'm not really following where this is to be used.
Within the Ajax.Autocompleter, there are a number of options that i
could set, one of them was 'parameters'
Where would your code be placed?
Also, i wanted the text box to be cleared each time the select was
changed, that is another reason for the 'onchange' function i have.

What I have is working now,but would like to see how this version
performs as well.
thanks.